CHICKEN AND SPINACH RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Chicken and spinach recipes are some healthy guidelines for you. Spinach can help you reduce inflammation because nitrates in the plant convert bad fat cells into beige cells. This conversion aids reduction of obesity. Spinach is also very rich in vitamins A, C, and K. it may benefit eye health, reduce blood pressure level. If all you have been feeding your family with is chicken sauce recipes, you should try adding spinach to your daily diet. Spinach speeds up the weight loss process and makes fat reduction much easier. Chicken, on the other hand, is always included in a healthy diet because it is lean meat. It doesn’t have much fat in it. Taking it regularly can help you lose weight. It also contains phosphorus and calcium. Do you now know why chicken and spinach recipes are healthy for you? Below are chicken and spinach recipes.
Chicken and Spinach Recipes
1. Cheese and spinach stuffed chicken
In this recipe, you’d need to bake your ingredients to get the irresistible taste out. It is ketogenic friendly and has a low carb.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of shaved onions
- 9 ounces of frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups of shredded fontina cheese
- 4 chicken breast (boneless)
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Firstly, preheat your oven to about 350 degrees F. Then use a parchment paper to line your baking sheet.
- Secondly, place your chicken breast flat on the baking sheet. Start cutting deep from one side (parallel to the baking sheet), leaving three sides of the chicken. Meanwhile, ensure your cut is even so that edges are ½ inches thick.
- Thirdly, try as much as possible to squeeze out moisture from thawed spinach. After squeezing, you can then mix your spinach, red peppers, cheese(shredded), salt, garlic, and paprika in a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, open up the chicken breasts (turn it upright), and stuff it with the mixture. Then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle pepper and salt.
- Lastly, bake for 25 minutes. When chicken and cheese is fully cooked and bubbly, serve.
Fat 27g; Carbohydrate 5g; protein 43g; calories 440kcal.
2. Chicken and Spinach Soup with Fresh Pesto
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 5 cups of reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces of roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1 can/15 ounces of cannellini beans
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoon of dried marjoram
- ½ cup of fresh basil leaves
- 3 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- ½ cup of carrot.
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ¾ cup of herbed or plain multigrain croutons
- First, heat only 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Next, add the carrot and chicken and leave it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure you are turning and stirring frequently.
- Then, add garlic and cook for one minute more. After a minute, add broth and marjoram and raise the heat to bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and keep stirring and cooking until the chicken is soft. This should take about 5 minutes more.
- Set the chicken aside to cool. Then, boil the beans and spinach in the pot for 5 minutes.
- Process the remaining teaspoon of olive oil with parmesan cheese and basil in a food processor until it forms a coarse paste.
- Chop the chicken into bite sizes, then stir it with pesto in the pot. You can add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with croutons and serve.
Fats 9.1g Carbohydrates 18g, Protein19.4g Calories 227kcal.
3. Chicken and Spinach Omelet
The chicken and spinach omelet recipes are the easiest and quickest to prepare.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 50g of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of skim milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic (optional)
- 75g of grilled chicken breast (skinless)
- 1 tablespoon of flat parsley leaf (coarsely chopped)
- First, put spinach in the omelet maker. Then, close it up and microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Secondly, open it and sieve spinach well; you can remove excess water by pressing it with a spoon. After sieving, set it aside.
- Thirdly, beat eggs and milk lightly. Add nutmeg, garlic powder (if using), and egg mixture to omelet maker. Then, stir ingredients and add chicken.
- Next, microwave for 2 minutes and top it with spinach and half of your parsley. Close up spinach in your omelet by folding with a spatula.
- Finally, serve omelet and sprinkle parsley on it.
Fat 7.7g; Carbohydrate 5.1g; protein 21.7g; calories 185kcal.
4. Butter Chicken with Chickpeas, Spinach, and Yoghurt
Butter chicken with chickpeas, spinach, and yogurt is an easy and quick recipe for you. It is also very healthy.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cauliflower
- 14 oz of chicken peas
- Butter chicken simmer sauce
- 21 oz chopped chicken breast
- ¾ cup of reduced-fat natural yogurt
- 9oz (2) of microwavable basmati rice
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- First of all, put two teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick pan and heat up over medium-high heat. Then add chicken and stir for 4 minutes or until it turns brown.
- After some minutes, add simmer sauce and stir it well, then add water if needed.
- Now, add cauliflower florets and chickpeas into your pan and stir well. Let it simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender and chicken is well cooked.
- Next, stir in baby spinach and yogurt, while microwaving rice as instructed on the pack.
- Lastly, share butter chicken among the four bowls and top it with extra yogurt. Sprinkle black pepper and coriander and serve.
Fat 8g; Carbohydrate 60g; protein 36g; calories 490kcal.
5. Chicken Mushroom Pizza with Spinach
Featuring chicken, cheese and mushrooms in the creamy sauce makes this recipe unique and explicitly good. This recipe might take you a little more time to prepare than others because you have to wait for your dough to rise before baking it.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr. 10 minutes
Serves: 2 pizzas
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 6 cups of flour
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 2 ½ cups of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For creamy spinach sauce and toppings
- ¼ cup of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of butter
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 ounces of baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese
- A cup of shredded chicken
- A package of mushrooms or 9 ounces (sliced).
- First of all, add yeast water, sugar, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl and mix. Then, allow it rest for 5 minutes.
- Second step is to add a cup of flour in your mixture and combine it. After mixing, add another 1 cup and mix again. Mix ingredients for about 2 minutes. It should be as smooth as cake batter.
- Then, add another cup of flour and continue mixing, keep adding flour until it is very thick and difficult to mix by hand.
- Now, sprinkle flour on your table and start kneading the dough. Ensure you knead until it is elastic; you could add more flour if needed. Knead for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Next, place your dough back in the bowl and cover it with a towel. Then allow it to rise for 30 to 60 minutes. While waiting for your dough, start making your sauce.
- When you are satisfied with your dough, divide the dough into two and roll half dough on a pizza stone. Bake for 10 minutes and roll the other half dough.
- Bake the other half dough for 10 minutes also. After baking, top dough with creamy spinach sauce and half of the cheese, mushrooms, and chicken.
- Then, bake for 20 minutes more, the edges should turn slightly brown, and cheese should bubble. Do the same with the second pizza.
For creamy spinach sauce
- First, melt your butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Secondly, add flour and stir when butter is melted. Allow mixture to cook for one minute and stir frequently.
- Next, add minced garlic, and allow it to cook until it fragrant. After cooking for some minutes, add a cup of milk and whisk.
- Now, add cream cheese, pepper, salt, and spinach to your milk mixture, stir. As it cooks, it gets thicker. If it gets too thick, you can splash more milk in it.
- Then, cook for 5 minutes, after cooking the mixture should be as consistent as alfredo sauce or a bit thicker.
- Finally, take off the heat and allow it to cool, add more salt if needed.
Fat 25g; Carbohydrate 22g; protein 27g; calories 426kcal.
The recipes above are straightforward, quick, and easy to prepare. You get to have healthy bones, high protein, weight reduction, stress relief, immunity boost.