JICAMA JUICING RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
When you want to buy jicama for this recipe, you can find a good one in the veggie root area of any supermarket or Latin grocery store. Although it might not be available all the time because of your geographical location, it is not seasonal. You should buy the smaller ones because they are younger and sweeter. When you want to make your juicing recipes, only the root vegetable is safe for you. Other parts of the plant, flowers, and beans contain rotenone, an insecticide harmful to humans. Also, make sure that you discard all thick brown skins before using them for your recipes. To prepare these jicama juicing recipes, you need little or no heavy kitchen equipment. Also, the ingredients required are very few and affordable. They are one of the best recipes to try during summer.
It is pretty refreshing and tasty. Are you worried about your time? Well, making jicama juicing recipes is not time-consuming. It is not strenuous; all you need to do is wash your vegetables, peel, dice, and purée all your ingredients in a blender. You can add sweeteners if required and serve. Jicama juicing recipes are awesome when chilled. A number of these fantastic recipes are below.
Jicama Juicing Recipes
1. Grapefruit Jicama Green Juice
This recipe is a simple homemade juice made from 4 ingredients. It is refreshing and healthy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 ½ cups of raw jicama
- 2 cups of water
- ½ red grapefruit
- First of all, purée all your ingredients (romaine leaves, jicama, water, grapefruit) in a high-speed blender. Then leave it aside.
- After blending, add your ice cubes into a large bowl
- Then, place a cheesecloth or nut-milk bag over your ice cube bowl and strain the juice mixture through it.
- Throw away the pulp and serve immediately or store for 2 days in the refrigerator.
Fat 0.5g; Carbohydrate 13g; Protein 1g; calories 52g
2. Pickled Jicama, Ginger, and Summer Peppers
A combination of pepper, jicama, and ginger for a refreshing moment
Preparation time: 25 minutes.
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¾ cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1 medium jicama
- ¼ Cup of lime juice
- 3 small ripe sweet peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 1 Serrano or jalapeño chile
- 1 ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- First, combine lime juice, salt, vinegar, and sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- Then, place a strainer over your bowl. Shred your ginger finely place in the colander.
- Press out the juice into the bowl and whisk it to mix well. Then, slice jicama into slices, halves, and quarters.
- Also, slice the pepper and Chile into thin rounds. Then add your brine and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Store your jicama juice in the refrigerator for an hour to chill, stir from time to time. Serve
You can store it for about two days
Fat 0.1g; Carbohydrate 3.4g; Protein 0.3g; calories 15kcal
3. Green Juice
This recipe is mostly veggies. It combined 2 kinds of greens, spinach, and kale and tastes nice still.
Preparation time: 15minutes.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups of spinach
- 8 large kale stalks
- 1 inch of peeled fresh Ginger
- 2 pears with skin on
- ½ jicama with skin on
- 1 large Meyer Lemon with skin on
- ½ cucumber
- First of all, chop your ingredients into small sizes (should fit through your juicer chute).
- Then juice your kale, spinach, jicama, pears, Meyer lemon, cucumber, and ginger.
- Chill and serve.
Fat 0.3g; Carbohydrate 5g; Protein 1.7g; calories 45g
4. Spicy Jicama Pear Carrot Juice
This recipe is excellent for a hot summer day. The vegetables have high water content and low pulp, which is perfect.
Preparation time: 20minutes.
Total time: 20minutes
- ½ sweet ripe pear
- 2 medium carrots
- ¾ cup of jicama juice
- 1 teaspoon of raw ginger
- Cayenne pepper
- First of all, peel your jicama and juice a lot of it until younhavebaboutb3/4 a cup of it.
- Then, add pear juice, 2 medium carrots, and ginger.
- Lastly, stir and serve
Fat 0.3g; Carbohydrate 50g; Protein 1.3g; calories 130g
5. Simple Jicama Smoothie
This recipe is delicious and straightforward; it is high in fiber and low in fat.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Total time: 10minutes
- 1 key lime
- 2 cups of jicama
- A cup of water
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of root ginger
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 2 kiwis
- 3 ice cubes
- ½ cup of fresh parsley
- First of all, put your jicama, almond milk, kiwis, paprika, parsley, lime, ice cubes, ginger, and water in a blender.
- Then, puree the ingredients to your preferred consistency or in a minute. After blending, it should be creamy and a bit frothy.
- You can puree a bit longer if you are not satisfied with its consistency. Serve.
Fat 0.3g; Carbohydrate 12g; Protein 1.4g; calories 45g
6. Pineapple Jicama Smoothie
This juice might sound weird, but it is delicious and refreshing.
Total time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup of fresh jicama (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- ½ cup of fresh orange chunks
- Half cup of pineapple chunks
- First of all, combine all your ingredients (orange, jicama, ice cubes, pineapple) in a blender.
- Then, blend them until they are smooth.
- Next, transfer into a glass and serve.
Fat 0.3g; Carbohydrate 31.5g; Protein 1.7g; calories 49g
7. Chocolate Jicama
This recipe boosts protein and fiber. Jicama adds a creamy texture and delicious taste.
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup of cashews
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 cup of jicama
- A teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of nut milk
- A tablespoon of cacao powder
- First, wash your jicama root, peel it, and dice.
- Then, add salt into boiling water and let it cook for 20 minutes. Put cashew in the water and soak overnight.
- Next, add jicama, cashew, and all other ingredients to a blender. Purée until it’s smooth.
- Now, adjust the taste, add sweetener if necessary. Then serve it into a cup and add the shaved dark chocolate.
Fat 8g; Carbohydrate 41g; Protein 13g; calories 244g
Why Jicama Is Good For You?
This vegetable is full of nutrients like minerals and vitamins. Most of these calories in this vegetable are healthy. It also has thiamine, vitamin B6, phosphorus, calcium, copper, zinc, Riboflavin, pantothenic acid, vitamin E. Jicama is very high in fiber and has low calories. A jicama cup contains protein 1g, fiber 6.4g, calories 49g, Fat 0.1g, carbs 12g. It has a reasonable amount of vitamin c, with its nutrients performing various functions in the body. It reduces the risk of cancer because of its dietary fiber content, which protects against colon cancer.
Jicama benefits people who do not have to take more than 27 grams of dietary fiber in a day. Jicama has insulin which helps to limit the number of healthy bacteria you have in your gut. It protects your gut lining and prevents some types of cancer. It protects against cell damage. Its insulin content is a fiber that increases the frequency of your bowel movement by 31%. It generally contains has just 6.4g of fiber. These dietary fibers would help your stool move quickly through your digestive tract.
Jicama contains a lot of antioxidants that stop cell damage. Drinking jicama juicing recipes helps to lower the risk of some chronic diseases. It can help reduce oxidative stress, which could result in diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and more. It improves heart condition.
Jicama has potassium which assists in lowering blood pressure and relax the blood vessels. It also contains soluble dietary fiber that reduces cholesterol levels. This juice is helpful because it can stop the intestines from reabsorbing the bile. Also, it prevents the liver from producing more cholesterol. These nutrients assist in boosting heart health. Eating a lot of jicamas may increase circulation because of their iron and copper content.
More so, the root vegetable contains nitrate that brings about a good exercise performance and aids circulation. It is weight loss friendly, has low calories, and a lot of nutrients. It keeps your belly full because its water content is a lot. These fibers would also reduce your blood sugar level and prevent it from rising fast when eating. That way, your sugar level is average. It would also improve the sensitivity of your insulin and keep your belly full for a long time.
It is perfect for people with constipation, and its water content is high.
Jicama juicing recipes can make your day a memorable one.